Thursday, July 19, 2012

The Process

I have followed the basic blueprint set in place by designers before me, basically every designers since the beginning of time. The blueprint goes like this
1. Have an idea
2. Sketch the idea
3. Create a physical pattern for that idea
4. Create a mental picture of the color/fabric texture for that idea
5. Visit millions and millions of fabric stores in the tri-state area ( I added the part about the tri-state area but you get the picture)
6. Get swatches of fabric
7. Purchase fabric (after much haggaring of prices)
8. Have initimate conversations with yourself and the fabric
9. Pin seamtress pins to mesh your pattern and fabric
10. Get a million prick on your fingertips
11. Sew the fabric into a masterpiece
12. Locate ( commercial, cookie cutter) models to wear garments ( I am still at this step lol)
13. Size the garments to the model
14. Have a photoshoot

Why am I currently struck at step twelve? I contacted various models from the "modeling" website Modelmayhem.com. I devoted 6 hours of my Saturday browsing through photographs and reading models profiles. Honestly, I was amazed that so many young women would place nude and semi-nude photos on the internet. I saw every type of photo- nude buttocks, nude breast, nude vagina. There were tons of bikini and suggestive photos.

I contacted models that embraced the spirit of Ruby Giraffe based on what they claimed in their profile. I did not receive any reply emails from any of the young ladies. I plan to model Ruby Giraffe's Fall collection.

The models that I have interacted with thus far have this superiority complex. It seems that I have been involved in an EXTREME episode of America Next Top Model. Well, I am turning off the TV and pulling the plug out of the TV now. I feel that I was misguided in thinking that Ruby Giraffe should be "modeled" by women that mainstream, commercial America views as beautiful, that was very commercial of me.

My deepest and humblest apologizes to the Giraffes everywhere. I have never followed anyone's blueprint before so why start now?

Be bold, be unique!

http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/18037624#18037624 ( vagina pics)

No comments:

Post a Comment