Saturday, June 16, 2012

Peer inside a Schizophrenia Mind


 



“My greatest fear is this brain of mine….The worst thing imaginable is to be terrified of one’s own mind, the very matter that controls all that we are and all that we do and feel.”- Surviving Schizophrenia

I relate to this  as the thoughts from my mind terrify me. My designs and thought process are so different and arcane from mainstream society that my designs can be called "Schizophrenia". I studied and have a Bachelors in Psychology so I know about the criteria for Schizophrenia. Individuals with Schizophrenia experience what is known as "thought disorder". Thought Disorder is "strange" thinking where thoughts and ideas are jumbled and make no sense to others. The definition sounds like my thought process and the first collection of Ruby Giraffe.

Honestly as I look over the different prints and designs for the collection, everything is chaos. The pieces will be chaotic and beautiful at the same time. The beauty is a representation of my Grandmother Ruby. The chaos is a ME and my thought process. Ruby + Giraffe = beauty

Sidebar: Edvard Munch's The Scream painting may have been inspired by mental illness.

No comments:

Post a Comment