Saturday, July 7, 2012

The Name of The Collection/Progress


Ruby + the Star of David

Ruby Giraffe is about empowering individuality and is a homage to my grandmother Ruby Jean's Legacy, as such I have decided to name the collection, " Immortal beloved". The name has so many meanings for me (1) we are all beloved by God (2) love is eternal and immortal, even though my grandmother has transitioned...I still feel her love around me (3) my grandmother's last name is David's and means "beloved" (4) it is what we leave behind that makes us immortal and I want Ruby Giraffe to make an impact on the world.

I spent my whole day cutting, resizing and creating patterns for dresses and pants. I am thinking about doing more pieces in jersey knit. I am also working on creating a website . All things are possible through Christ. I encourage everyone to live their dream with Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment