Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Style Inspiration: Malandrino Spring 2011 RTW




Malandrino, Malandrino...there are no words. I happen to come across pictures of Malandrino's Spring 2011 collection as I was "remixing" a jumpsuit for Ruby Giraffe's first collection. PAUSE...I love the word "remix", it reminds me of one of my favorite Mary J. Blige song's " You Remind Me". http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nia2C6JW4VU

 UNPAUSE...this collection is very abstract.One of my buddies in design school informed me that every garment in a collection should be cohesive and tells a collective story. You can see that this is not the case with Malandrino which I love. The collection is so unconventional and eerily that I had to share the pictures. I love the hi-low dress as it provides an elegance to denim. Of course, I love the deconstructed white tunic.

No comments:

Post a Comment